Saturday, June 14, 2003

Well it's been an interesting few days. My PNP, who wrote my prescriptions, has gone AWOL on me. I tried to contact her for several days with no response. Just a couple of weeks ago she increased my dose of Effexor. This was right after I refilled a 30-day supply, which I then used up in 15 days. I tried to refill my RX and the pharmacy wouldn't fill it because it was "too early." I knew that Effexor is not something you want to stop taking - it's best to taper off, or there are potentially nasty withdrawal symptoms. But by the time I was done at the pharmacy, I was already late for work (the line was incredibly long and the walk-up pharmacy window was closed). So - I went to work, where I called the person who referred me to the PNP and asked if he had another way to reach her. He said another client of his had not been able to get in touch with her, so he had tried to call her at another number the day before, and she hadn't returned his voice mail. He said that she's usually very good about returning messages. Hmm....


So by the end of work I was really dizzy, and I still had to fill out papers for my new doctor (I guess they have a policy for ADD people, because ADDers are probably not going to show up 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork on the day of the appointment.) As I sat in the waiting room, I kind of wanted to ask if I could get a prescription for Effexor before my appointment, rather than wait 2 days. But I didn't ask - I thought that it was a strange request to make, and at this point I thought I would end up crying if I talked about the med situation - I was about at the end of my rope. I think the withdrawal symptoms were beginning. So I left. I just didn't want them to think I was nuts before they had a chance to appreciate my other qualities.


So later on my new Dr called me and asked if I wanted a refill of Effexor; he didn't want me to have to go through withdrawals. In the section where they wanted to know what other counseling or doctors I had seen, I had written a little about the situation with my PNP and that I wasn't going back to her.


He called in the new prescription and when I went to pick it up, they still said that it was too soon for a refill. That was the wrong answer. I was still at the end of my rope. So after another wait, they were able to fix the problem.


The next day Richard was going to stay over at our house. He has been working here and driving an hour and and a half to get home, so sometimes he will stay overnight here. At about 11:30 I was sitting on my bed, reading. The window was open and the fans were on, drawing air in from the outside. I heard my dog yelp and run through the yard. I sat there, sniffing the air for awhile, hoping not to confirm that my dog had been sprayed by a skunk. My dog was sprayed by skunk. Why I just sat there sniffing, rather than shutting the window immediately, I don't know. Richard left; he decided he was going to sleep in his van at the buildling site where he was working.


There's nothing quite like bathing your dog at midnight, with skunk odor all around. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home