Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Communication is so important

Today my daughter said "It's poopoo, it's milk." She's been saying it every day for the last 3 or 4 days. I'm not sure what it means. She started out saying "Poopoo is milk," but now she seems like she's getting a little closer to making sense. These are the kinds of things that kids say that leave parents scratching their heads. But as the kids pick up a little more English, they start making more and more sense. I've witnessed many puzzling phrases suddenly come into focus - oh, that's what you were saying!

So I guess I have to wait for awhile before we have some good communication with my daughter, but it's coming along.

Between her and my husband, I feel understood.....with great effort. Like today, I was telling my husband about a woman who wrote a popular book when her daughter was 6 weeks old. "Six. Weeks. Old. I could never have done that. Of course, some people luck out and have kids that sleep through the night - but not us!"

At this point he answered me, "I like kids." Sort of defensive.

"What?" I said.

"You said that we didn't like kids, but I do."

"No, I said that some people luck out and have kids that sleep through the night, but not us..."

"Oh."

You know, it's nice to be understood.


And if you were looking for a funny blog, well, let me refer you to www.birbigs.com. The Secret Public Journal is funny. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home