Monday, August 16, 2004

The Comfortable Part Is Now Over

This is the news I got in a recent email from BabyCenter or some such retail hub that markets to expectant mothers. "The comfortable part of your pregnancy is now over..." Wonderful. Not that I hadn't noticed. If I do too much vacuuming, my bones start to work their way out of place, and that of course hurts. This is due to a hormone that makes the joints loosen - all of them, not just those that need to loosen in preparation for birth.

My poor husband has only just begun to run out of room in our bed, because I now require a body pillow. And lots of room. I'm not really that big yet, but I need the room anyway. There's still plenty of room for him on the couch. Perhaps for him, the comfortable part is now over.

So on Wednesday we have the ultrasound, and hopefully our spawn won't insist on crossing it's legs or covering its private parts with its hands. Because we want to see those private parts. We won't ever want to see them again, and that's really too bad considering how many times we will have to see those parts until it is toilet trained.

I suspect it's a girl. But of course, I've never done this before. I'm only basing it on the fact that we want a girl. And I had a dream shortly after I found out I was pregnant that I was trying to walk past a little girl and no matter what I tried, she moved to block me. I had to slow down and go the same speed she was going, because I couldn't get past her. It still ticks me off when I think about it. But what a dream/metphor for an unplanned pregnancy, eh?

So we are now going on 5 months of the unauthorized use of my uterus. It is SO going to be grounded when it comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home