Thursday, July 03, 2003

If there is a way for a person to injure themselves, I will find it - even if I have to get down on my hands and knees and stand up under it.

Lately I've been hitting my head on all kinds of things - sometimes so hard that I have flashbacks (mostly from my childhood) of people (numerous people) asking, "are you all right"?

Today I managed to cut my finger on my keys while starting the car. I've even injured my head with this very car. I slammed my head in the door. This is due, at least in part, to the faulty seat belt design. I would like to know the name and address of the engineer who came up with this idea so I can send him or her a gift.

The design of this seat belt leaves so very much to be desired. There are two buckles. One is at the top of the shoulder strap, and there's a separate lap belt. It's my guess that the electric seat belt was an option on this car - an option the original owner did not choose. Instead of a regular seat belt, they got a stupid seat belt. A seat belt that just looks like an electric seat belt. When the door is opened, this seat belt extends with the door, making it possible for a person to get partially inside the car and then to get caught on the seat belt. The pressure on the seat belt can then make the door close prematurely, on a head or other such extremity. And of course, if something's going to hit me, odds are it's going to hit my head. All of this without having to unbuckle and rebuckle the shoulder strap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home