Sunday, November 23, 2003

Oh great, it's been almost a month again since I've blogged about anything. This is because on Nov 3, I started a paper route. WHY on earth? Well, for the same reason anyone does things they don't want to do: money. Well, maybe there are other reasons people do things they don't want to do. Guilt, or love. Usually guilt from someone you love. But in this case, I definitely wanted money.

It's been a difficult process, learning all the houses on the route. For some reason, people are inconsiderate of the fact that I need access to their paper boxes, so they park in front of them. Or they park close enough to them that it causes problems for me.

There has been some slight damage to my car, i.e, I have lost a chunk of the left front hubcap. Also my left front fender has a scratch in it. Also my left mirror has a scratch on the back cover. This is because I have no concept of where my body is in space, let alone where my car is in space. Oh well. What's another dent?

My driving style has changed dramatically. This is because of two things. I am not getting paid by the hour, and I can drive on the wrong side of the road as long as I've got hazard lights flashing. I may have crossed a line from which I cannot return. The other day I double-parked at the library just to return a book in the wall slot. Just because I could! Those hazard lights are the best! And all this time, I've been ignoring them.

Hmmm.... well there is much more to say but I don't know when I'll have the time. So for now, I'll leave it at that. Some light banter, a lesson about driving, what more could you want for today anyway?

-Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home