Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Turning 30

So a lot of my friends are turning 30 now, and I am not exempt from this. Some people get really freaked out about turning 30 but I don't think that I will be. For one thing, becoming a mom makes me feel a lot older than anything else could.

Maybe it's the combination of turning 30 and becoming a mother that has me so shell shocked that I seem to not care. But really, why should being 30 be any worse than being 29 and 11/12ths of a year old, which I am right now? So I don't think it will bother me much.

I'm actually excited about getting older - not excited about gray hair, cellulite and wrinkles - but excited that my increasing age implies (but doesn't guarantee) that I will have learned from my mistakes and maybe not make them again. Or at least, not make them as often as I used to.

On a side note, I've been reading the blog called "Story of a Toddler" at www.ironycentral.com. Be warned that he does use a bit of bad language. But for some reason, I can't look away... It's way too funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home